Iran successfully changed the rules of the game baffling the US.
In Tehran’s rule book, it’s OK to…
- shout out “stop terrorism” while funding terrorist organizations.
- negotiate with the US for peace while chanting “death to America”.
- back Houthis in Yemen while telling the Saudis to not meddle.
- support Assad while warning everyone to not interfere in Syria.
- demand lifting of nuclear sanctions without giving anything up.
- systematically abuse human rights and continue to act as if it’s OK.
- accuse the West of Islamophobia while fanning the flames of racial hate.
The West, with the US at its head, doesn’t know how to deal with Iran and is therefore doomed to lose again and again until the rules of the game will be equal on both sides.